Monday, May 20, 2013

Urban Bistro in Media City 

Verdict? If you love perfectly toasted sandwiches, gooey macaroons and gourmet tea, head over there.

What did I eat? A toasted turkey, brie and cranberry sandwich on brown bread with a butternut and rice salad. The bread was perfectly  toasted - crisp and warm all the way to the buttery centre - and the blend of brie and turkey was perfectly complemented by the subtle sweetness of the cranberry. This was honestly one of the best sandwiches I've had in Dubai. I just wish the chef had taken the cucumber out before he/she toasted the sandwich. (Cucumber toasting is, as I'm sure you'll know if you live in this city, a problem at many restaurants.) The salad was too cold so the rice was tough and chewy, but having said that, the butternut was beautiful. I've had better salads but the starchiness of the dish could be blamed on the fact that it was 5:30pm so it had probably been in the fridge all day. I finished off with a delightful orange and chocolate macaroon that was perfectly sticky and a pot of Tea Forté English breakfast tea with not one, but two, teabags. It's my new favourite blend and I love the packaging! 

What was the service like? The staff are genuinely friendly and attentive. Oh, and really, really smiley. Maybe I had some macaroon on my face? 

The best thing about Urban Bistro? They have a decent collection of books to browse through while dining and the stylish interior is drenched in light. There's also a great view of the Media City lake so while you're sipping on your latte you can keep an eye on the area's ever increasing wildlife. (There are ducks, koi fish and even turtles in the lake now...)

Out of 10? Eight.

Urban Bistro - CNN building, ground floor, 04 362 4330, www.facebook.com/urbandubai

If anyone reading this blog has been to Urban Bistro please let me know what you thought about it in the comments section...









No comments:

Post a Comment